Please click here to downlad this release as a PDF.
For Immediate Release
Thursday, November 7, 2013
CONTACT: Ryan Fletcher 202-641-0277
Lauren Stansbury 402-540-1208
Hemp Industries Association Presents 20th Annual Conference and Hemp Lobby Day in Washington, DC
Hemp Industry Leaders, Experts and Entrepreneurs Gather for Two Day Event to Discuss Developments and New Goals for U.S. Hemp Industry
WASHINGTON, DC — The 20th annual conference of the Hemp Industries Association (HIA) will be held Sunday November 17th - Monday November 18th 2013, at the Phoenix Park Hotel in Washington, DC. Business leaders of the hemp industry in North America and from abroad will meet during the two-day event to discuss strategies and plans to legalize industrial hemp and return hemp to the American agrarian landscape once again. The conference will include expert speakers, hemp exhibits and sales, luncheon, silent auction, networking dinner, presentations, and updates on industry developments and expanding markets for hemp products. Speakers from within the natural products industry will present at the conference, including Errol Schweizer, Executive Global Grocery Coordinator Whole Foods Market, Anndrea Hermann of Ridge International Cannabis Consulting, Larry Serbin of Hemp Traders, Christina Volgyesi, Marketing Director of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps, and other leaders in the hemp industry.
Confirmed Speakers and Presentations:
• Tony Budden, Hemporium, South Africa: "Hemp's Potential for Sustainable Change in Africa"
• Kevin Greenwood, VP Marketing, Manitoba Harvest: "Manitoba Harvest's Business Model & the Canadian Hemp Landscape"
• Erik Hunter, Hemp Cleans: "The Current Status of Industrial Hemp Agriculture in Colorado"
• Fred Kirsch, Hemp for America: "Grassroots Support for Industrial Hemp in America"
• Ryan Loflin Founder, Rocker Mountain Hemp Inc. "Farming Hemp in Colorado, & the First U.S. Hemp Harvest in Decades"
• Errol Schweizer, Whole Foods Market: "Hemp @ Whole Foods Market"
• George Weiblen, PhD, University of Minnesota: "Lead us not into Hemptation: the Genetics of American Cannabis"
• Ben Droz, Vote Hemp, Panel: "Federal Hemp Hemp Legislation & Lobby Day Coordination"
• Patrick Goggin, Vote Hemp, Panel: "California Hemp Legislation"
• Anndrea Hermann, The Ridge International Cannabis Consulting: "Hemp Agronomics - Seed to Soil"
• Steve Levine, Past President of HIA, Panel: "California Hemp Legislation"
• Tom Murphy, Vote Hemp & The Hemp Report: "HIA Conference Coordinator"
• Larry Serbin, Hemp Traders: "Hemp Fiber Market Update"
• Eric Steenstra, Vote Hemp & HIA: "Introductions; Vote Hemp Legislative Update; HIA Financial Report"
• Christina Volgyesi, Director of Marketing, Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps: "Hemp History Week Report"
Sunday, November 17th
8:00am: Registration begins
9:00am-6:00pm: Conference events
Monday, November 18th
8:00am-5:00pm: Hemp Lobby Day on Capitol Hill
7:00pm-9:00pm: Screening of Bringing It Home Documentary
As part of the conference, the Hemp Industries Association will present a free screening of Bringing It Home, a documentary about hemp, healthy homes and a greener future for America, at 7:00pm Monday November 18th, at Busboys and Poets restaurant in the Langston Room at 2021 14th St. NW, Washington DC. HIA leaders featured in the documentary include HIA Executive Director Eric Steenstra, HIA President Anndrea Hermann, David Bronner, and John Roulac. Filmmakers Linda Booker and Blaire Johnson will also be in attendance. For more information about the film, please visit www.BringingItHomeMovie.com.
# # #
The Hemp Industries Association (HIA) represents the interests of the hemp industry and encourages the research and development of new hemp products. More information about hemp's many uses and hemp advocacy may be found at www.TheHIA.org and www.VoteHemp.com. Video footage of hemp farming in other countries is available upon request by contacting Ryan Fletcher at 202-641-0277 or email@example.com.